Vegan Cream Sauce
French style cream sauce made healthier. The vegan cream sauce will satisfy your craving for a creamy pasta dish with no guilt. Made with no cholesterol, only healthy fats, and loads of protein. It compares to the French “Bechamel” sauce but vegan. Even a serious skeptic will enjoy the creaminess and flavor of this real plant-based cream sauce.
Vegan cream sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a blender add the water and cashews. Blend for 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended cashew mix into a saucepan. Add the nutmeg, white pepper, salt, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Allow to heat on low temperature for 1 minute.
- Mix the cornstarch and water into a small bowl. Add to the cashew cream mixture and turn the heat to medium high. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Taste for salt or nutritional yeast, adding more to suit your taste.
- Add pasta to sauce and enjoy!